Tenet’s Palm Beach Health Network Hospitals to Honor Physicians on National Doctors’ DayMar 31, 2022
Palm Beach Health Network physicians celebrated for the care they provide
Palm Beach County, FL – The Palm Beach Health Network, comprising six hospitals and care centers spanning Palm Beach County, is celebrating National Doctors’ Day by paying tribute to its physicians for their service, skill and compassion. Across the network, the theme of “Thank you for Always Being There” depicts a collective sentiment of deep appreciation for the outstanding group of physicians who tirelessly care for our community.
“We are proud to celebrate Doctor’s Day and recognize all the physicians who make the award-winning care provided by the Palm Beach Health Network possible,” said Maggie Gill, chief executive officer of the Palm Beach Health Network. “Doctors are tireless professionals who bring hope and healing to our community. We are grateful for their expertise, dedication and caring.”
The Palm Beach Health Network recognizes its physicians for being the pillars of the high quality, distinctive services provided to the community. Over the last year, this has included a $150 million dollar investment in our hospitals to enhance our patient care even more, including:
- Delray Medical Center: The hospital is unveiling a new, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization and EP (electrophysiology) lab and an Advanced Center for Heart Failure. The hospital's Movement Disorder Center recently added cutting-edge ultrasound technology. Additionally, the hospital’s newly expanded private rooms provide a more comfortable space for patients.
- Good Samaritan Medical Center: The remodeled Norma E. & Miles M. Zisson Comprehensive Breast Center of the Palm Beaches is providing high-end technology in a more modern, comfortable atmosphere for patients treated for breast health. Good Samaritan is also upgrading emergency services and enhancing facilities for robotic and orthopedic surgeries. Most recently, Good Samaritan partnered with Lilly Pulitzer to create two VIP suites redesigned with the signature “Lilly aesthetic” to offer new mothers and their families a unique, joyful experience.
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center: The hospital recently upgraded its cardiac catheterization facilities and advanced operating room technologies for cardiac and vascular surgery. The hospital is also adding advanced stroke and neurosurgery capabilities. These expanded offerings will enhance the community’s access to lifesaving care.
- St. Mary’s Medical Center / Palm Beach Children’s Hospital: To support the Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute’s mission of improving the lives of those who suffer from congenital, developmental, and post-traumatic orthopedic conditions, the hospital recently expanded its orthopedic capabilities with additional surgical suites, expanded physical therapy services, and new technology.
- West Boca Medical Center: The recently opened Boca Center for Orthopedic and Spine allows patients to easily transition from surgery to recovery and rehabilitation. The new Center includes advanced robotic capabilities and upgraded private patient rooms. The Boca Center for Women’s Care is undergoing a full renovation and has added a Laborist Program with in-house physicians available 24/7 to care for all maternity needs.
Celebrated on March 30 each year, Doctors’ Day was officially established in 1991. March 30 also marks the anniversary of the first use of general anesthesia in surgery by Dr. Crawford W. Long in 1842. National Doctors’ Day is commonly celebrated in healthcare organizations, as a day to recognize the contributions of doctors to individual lives and communities.