About Palm Beach Children's Hospital
We Heal for Them
St. Mary’s Medical Center has been healing the children in our community for more than three generations. Today, the staff at the Palm Beach Children’s Hospital at St. Mary’s Medical Center provides advanced medical attention and works to help ensure that children have access to the care they need-close to home and around the clock.
As the only children’s hospital between Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, we offer specialized services just for kids. Between our award-winning pediatric emergency department, special surgical care unit, prestigious pediatric cancer program and comprehensive outpatient centers, we are committed to providing your children with the highest level of care.
Our 138 Bed Children’s Hospital Provides:
- 3 dedicated general pediatric floors
- Pediatric hematology/oncology care center
- 14 bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- 45 bed level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- In-house pediatric hospitalists, intensivists and neonataologists
- 12 bed, dedicated pediatric emergency department
- 8 bed pediatric rehabilitation unit
- Level I pediatric trauma center
- Spinal cord injury center
- Outpatient pediatric centers
- Access to the latest treatments through memberships in the National Cancer Institute’s Children’s Oncology Group and the Children’s Hospital Association
Helping To Meet the Needs of Children and Families
In addition to providing award-winning care, the Palm Beach Children's Hospital provides additional resources for the entire family. Child Life Specialists are caring, non-medical professionals who provide play and diversion therapy to help reduce the stress and anxiety that pediatric patients may experience during their hospital stay. P.O.S.T. (Pediatric Oncology Support Team) is made up of experienced pediatric oncology and mental health professionals who provide a holistic approach to healing patients. Quantum House is an on-campus home available for families whose children are currently receiving treatment for a critical illness or injury.
Main Children’s Hospital: (561) 844-6300
Children’s Emergency Department: (561) 882-6444